Terms & Conditions: Private IFS Intensive
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS OF PURCHASE AND SALE (THE “TERMS”) CAREFULLY BEFORE COMPLETING A PURCHASE FROM ME. IF YOU ARE UNCERTAIN ABOUT YOUR RIGHTS UNDER THESE TERMS, OR REQUIRE AN EXPLANATION OR CLARIFICATION ON THESE TERMS, PLEASE CONTACT ME AT LUCILLE@SEEKDEEPLY.COM.
IF YOU DO NOT AGREE WITH THESE TERMS, THEN PLEASE DO NOT MAKE THIS PURCHASE FROM ME.
By completing your purchase, you indicate you understand and agree to comply with this document of terms and conditions.
1: Welcome! What to Expect
Welcome to Seek Deeply. I am honored to support your journey towards wholeness. There will be many discoveries and surprises over the course of therapy. This document describes a few of the certainties you can expect.
The relationship between client and therapist is the foundation of therapy. Alongside our positive connection, at some points you and I might face conflict. This is a natural process in authentic, conscious relationships. It does not indicate failure of the therapy or client-therapist match. To the contrary, it presents a chance to heal hurts and expand growing edges. While in some relationships it can be adaptive to ignore conflict, in our therapy setting I encourage you to tell me discomforts, problems, anger, etcetera. I will never lash out at you for raising concerns, sharing anger, judgements, or for disagreeing with me. Your unique view is valuable and we can explore conflict together with care.
- Email – Feel free to email me about logistics. For emails around therapeutic material, you can expect me to receive your message and save my response for sessions, when we can provide the matter with the deep attention it deserves. In other words, you’ll receive an emailed reply from me only when the topic is logistics.
Phone – For last-minute communication, you’re welcome to call or WhatsApp me (No voicemails, please – I don’t check those regularly!)
– in 2: Commitment to Consistency
When you and I work together, we reserve ahead of time a set appointment in our calendars for your sessions. Why? Meeting at a predictable frequency builds momentum. In addition, setting aside a specific moment consecrates it to psyche, which deepens our work.
In principle, you are financially responsible for your appointment for the duration of your intensive, whether or not you attend. In practice, life loves to challenge plans. Fortunately, Zoom or phone might enable you to attend even if traveling, ill, on holiday, etc. That said, if something (planned or even emergency) does prevent you from attending your standing session, that missed appointment will still count as one of your intensive’s sessions – unless:
- Payment waived if you notify me of a cancellation four weeks in advance of the appointment
- No additional payment if we reschedule for another time the same week as your original intensive. There is no guarantee rescheduling will be possible, but I will do my best. It’s easiest with early notice – at a minimum try to alert me 2+ business days before our session
Holidays and Time Zones: Unless otherwise arranged, our appointments continue as normal on national and religious holidays. Check ahead for any conflicts, especially if we’re in different countries. If our meetings occur in March or October (or when clocks change in your location in the world), note:
- I work with clients all over the globe where clocks change at different times in the year. To offer you a consistent schedule, our appointment start time is based on Central European Time (CET) where I’m located. Depending on your location (like the US), the number of hours between our time zones can fluctuate when the clocks change. When this happens, our appointment will be held at the CET/CEST time – you can always Google to doublecheck start time.
- It is your responsibility to check ahead and notice if rescheduling will be needed. In 2023, CET clock changes occur on: March 26 and October 29. (Examples: In the US, our sessions will be at different times for a week before/after each CET clock change – I suggest Googling for exact details. In Dubai and Hong Kong, our sessions will be at different times 6 months of the year unless arranged otherwise.)
Starting Late: I wait up to 15 minutes after our original start time. If you are late, we will still finish at the originally scheduled ending time. In other words, your session will be shortened. (For Zoom sessions: If you’re in the waiting room and haven’t been admitted into our meeting room, call or WhatsApp me at +31-63-015-6286)
I hold what arises in our therapy with the utmost respect and care. I regularly seek professional supervision for the purpose of benefiting your therapy – such conversations are confidential.
Duty to Report: In certain situations I am required to disclose information about you. When possible, I will alert you before doing so. I contact authorities and/or other relevant parties if:
- If you are a danger to self, to others, to property, or are gravely disabled
- If there is a reasonable suspicion of child, dependent, or elder abuse or neglect
If If you suddenly drop out of contact with no warning (such as if you’ve not appeared for a session and I cannot reach you for 48 hours), I might reach out to others to ensure you’re okay.
There are no refunds for the IFS intensive for any reason. If I were unable to attend (which is extremely unlikely – in 2023 I only had to reschedule 1 session), I would provide you with dates to make up any missed sessions.
Benefits & Risks of Therapy
Since you are starting therapy, you have an idea of the invaluable benefits it can provide. That said, there is no guarantee therapy with me will give you certain outcomes. From our work you might encounter unpleasant events, feelings, physiological symptoms, or thoughts. Attempting to resolve personal and interpersonal issues may result in changes that were not originally anticipated.
Risks could include, and are not limited to:
- discomfort, feelings of anger, sadness, worry, fear, etc.
- experiencing anxiety, depression, flashbacks, nightmares, insomnia, physiological symptoms, suicidality, etc.
- changing behaviors, employment, addiction patterns, schooling, housing or relationships
My Credentials Under Dutch Law
My clinical master’s degree is in Creative Arts Therapies. My title is psychologist or therapist. It is not one of these titles protected under Dutch law: clinical psychologist, healthcare psychologist, or psychotherapist. Therapy with me is not medical, psychiatric, or psychotherapeutic treatment as defined by Dutch law. It is your responsibility to identify if you need such treatment, and to seek it.
Waiver of Liability
You participate in therapy knowing it carries risks. You agree not to sue, prosecute, or otherwise hold financially or legally liable me, the therapist (LR Wayne), or my company (Seek Deeply) for any bodily, emotional, or psychological harm, or material damage or loss resulting from therapy, end of therapy, and/or interactions with me. This waiver of liability also applies to your heirs, wills, family, and to anyone acting on your behalf. If you initiate financial or legal proceedings related to liability or to any other matter, or if another party does so on your behalf, your electronic agreement to these terms and conditions provides a legally binding agreement that regardless of your current or future location, legal jurisdiction shall be either that of the Netherlands or the United States, location subject solely to the discretion of LR Wayne at the time of jurisdiction.
Implied Consent to Updates
You understand this Policies document is periodically updated. By electronically checking the agreement box to these terms and conditions, you agree that: If you are informed of and provided with an updated version of this document, continuation of therapy provides your implied consent to updated versions of these policies. You agree that an additional signature or electronic agreement to the updated document will not be not required.